- Wing panel sets are removable for eas of storage and transport.
- Includes a plastic dummy engine. An optional built-up wood dummy engine is available as an upgrade.
- Each aileron is operated by its own in-wing servo (servos not included).
- Steerable tail wheel - controlled by a dedicated tail wheel steering servo (servos not included).
- Streamlined landing gear.
- Pull-Pull Rudder Cables.
- Stick-on decal set.
- Wing support kit is included for safe transport and storage.
- Dashboard set available as an optional upgrade, includes an LED radio-system voltage indicator, radio power switch and charge-connector.
The PT-17 is a biplane that was used as a military trainer by the US Army Air Corps during the 1930s and served throughout WWII. The PT-17 is also widely known as the Stearman, Boeing Stearman, Boeing Model 75, or the Kaydet. At least 9,783 were built and thousands of surplus PT-17s were sold on the civil market after the conflict.
This almost-ready-to-fly radio-control version of the PT-17 is based on the aircraft that is owned by John Mohr, who very kindly sent us many detailed pictures of his personal aircraft. We also acknowledge and thank Jay Smith, editor or Model Aviation, for his help and advice on this project.
This model is constructed mainly of laser-cut balsa and light plywood. As shown above, it is finished with a Mylar film covering. It may also be special-ordered with a flat-finish Mylar or as a fabric-covered and prepainted ARF.
Items included with this kit:
- Pre-painted plastic dummy radial engine.
- Pre-covered fuselage, upper and lower-wing panels, upper wing's centre section, vertical and horizontal stabilisers, rudder and elevator, with pre-cut hinge openings.
- All necessary hardware for pull-pull cables for rudder and tail wheel. Pushrods for ailerons and elevator.
- Wing-rod joiners, preformed cabanes and struts, and all required control horns, hinges, linkages, wing wires, tail braces and related hardware.
- Fuel tank with clunk and fuel lines.
- Streamlined landing gear with scale-like wheels.
- Complete set of scale markings.
- Magnetically-secured cockpit-hatch assembly.
|Wingspan: ||77in (1956mm) |
|Overall Length: ||57in (1447mm) |
|Wing Area: ||1,686 sq in |
|ARF Weight: ||14 lbs 4 oz (6.46 Kg) |
|Flying weight: ||around 16 lbs (7.26 Kg) |
|Propeller: ||18 - 20" |
|Engine Required: ||.90 to 1.20 Glow or an equivalent electric power system. |
|Radio Required: ||Minimum of 4 Channels & 5 Standard Servos (a 6th servo is needed to control the throttle if a gas or glow engine is used) |
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 22 April, 2015.